Music to test new equipment???
23 Dec 2017 16:36 #2605
When you got the audiophile store, what do you bring?
I made a compilation cd with:
1. 2 of the faster choral movements from he B Minor Mass: the complexity shows the speed and depth of the speakers. The counterpoint allows for easy A-B testing if they have that set up.
2. Some spare instrumental music: something from the Bach solo for violin; some Beethoven quartets: to test the purity of the sound and make a clear comparison.
3. Some piano music: Last movement of the Moonlight. to get the sound of a piano, which is a good test for a new speaker.
4. Some New Age and some world: to get the obscure world percussion and the clarity of a voice; and the use of guiitar.
5. Familair Voice: James Taylor which I've heard a million times. Familiar voice: arias from La Boheme which I've also heard a million times.
6. Rachmaninorr Symhonic Dances: the beginning has a great dynamic range and fabulous bass.
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.